Tuesday, August 15, 2017

08-06-17 Nong Khai Thailand


Apparently my Left Hand Doesn't Do Very Much... Ever. (Whitewash Week 2)



Hey hey Dad!



So this week we only are emailing for one hour... again. I'm not particularly happy about that but, it is what it is. Anyways, onto the email!



So, as I turns out, we don't have anyone to help us play the piano at church, and no one can read music... except for me. So, as it goes, I have the wonderful opportunity of playing the piano! So now I'm learning how to play the piano... I can at least make it through a couple hymns! Thank goodness we had a keyboard at home! Now we have a fancier one that you got... but still! Also have a keyboard at the house here in Thailand, which I can play, so I'm sure learning the piano will take most of my evenings. The hardest part is using my left hand, because I don't think I've used my left hand for anything other than playing games, driving a car, and possibly picking up stuff if my right hand isn't available or enough. So that will be fun!



Right now we're in Udorn, which is about 1 hour away from Nong Khai. I'm going to go find a camera to use, but also we're going to have a district activity, so that will be fun! Not quite sure what's going to happen! I'll try and get more time possibly later on today, but probably not. I'll definitely try to get more time next week though!



The week has been good! Just trying to work hard and teach. We're consistently getting new investigators! But also losing some along the way as well. it's a little difficult, but that's the way it goes! We have one person getting ready to be baptized in about two weeks, so we're getting him ready for that, but we're going to need to work hard to find other people to teach as well, because this guy is progressing way fast, and understands a fair amount already! It's great!



All right, that's it for me this week! Love you, and talk to you soon!



- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment