Sunday, June 10, 2018

6-3-18 Samut Prakaan Thailand


Hey hey there Dad!



So​ this last week has been fun! Had a lot of appointments to go to so we were busy! Everyday I wonder where the time has gone. Every week seems to pass by so fast. So does the time.



We have one investigator who is progressing very very well! But he lives in a different area so we need to give him over...​So sad! He has a date for Baptism on the 17th! He's way good and way golden. We found him by street contacting and he apparently knew who Mormons were from about 5 years ago. But he didn't want to learn then, but really really wants to learn now! He really wants to join the church, so it will be a great day for him when he does!



Otherwise we're trying to help our other investigators progress. Really a challenge at times. We're also trying to get our investigator pool to be up and to be more accountable for our goals that we set and really set goals in faith and work towards those goals.



We also had Zone Conference this last week! It was weird going to a new place for Zone Conference. I've only ever been in two places for Zone Conference, meaning two Zones. Now I've reached my third Zone, with that not much time left... So it was fun! It was actually President Johnson's last Zone Conference...​It was a little somber. He shared a scripture, mostly for us I feel, in 2 Kings, about the story of Elijah and Elisha, and the mantle being passed on. The new mission president will be just as capable, and also guided by revelation, but it will still be sad. I will miss them a lot, and definitely want to visit them at some point later in my life.



I also saw my first trainer, Elder Bjarnson, give his Finishing Testimony. So sad! After this transfer I will know not that many people. I will be pretty old to be honest. I know that though things change, they will all be good!



In Zone Conference we learned about applying things we have learned from Zone Conference and also about using the Book of Mormon in all that we do...​Including in inviting. Wow! I would like to thank my older brother for helping me by already giving me advice about this as well.



Anyways, something interesting I learned this week was about the Plan of Salvation.​ The whole events which transpired in the Garden of Eden never really made a whole ton of sense to me, until I really read through 2 Nephi 2. I always wondered about why Heavenly Father and the Savior would set two laws in opposition to each other. But in 2 Nephi 2:10, in part, reads:



"Wherefore, the ends of the law which the Holy One hath given, unto the inflicting of the punishment which is affixed."



We know Spiritual Death to be a punishment, but in Preach My Gospel, it helps to define Spiritual Death as a separation from God, which is exactly what sin causes. The Lord is bound by rules and laws as well. We know that the Lord cannot lie, and can only invite and entice us to do good, as given in Moroni Chapter 7. Therefore, in this verse, we learn that God will punish us only as we disobey him. If we are perfect, in everyway, we need not be punished for we don't need to learn. In this case, if Adam and Eve were to fall, they would be cut off from the direct presence of God. But first they need to transgress. Thus the Plan and the laws for the Lord cannot punish Adam and Eve without the law and a transgression thereof brought about by temptation. 



This is a little deep, possibly not correct and nor do I claim to know everything. But we know that God is faithful in everything. We learn this in the example of Adam and Eve. Disobedience brings about captivity and punishment, including Spiritual Death. Obedience brings about freedom and blessings, including Eternal Life.



Remember that obedience to the law is freedom. Never forget that! Let us always be obedient and enjoy being in the prescence and communication with God! Love you all, and talk to you soon!



- Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment