Tuesday, November 29, 2016

11-29-2016 Provot MTC en route to Bangkok Thailand













Hey there Dad!

One day, I'll get around to putting up my parts of my Grammar Book up on the Drive! Then mom and you guys can learn how to pray at least a little bit, or do whatever! You'll also understand my romanization of the script just a little bit!

Sounds the Huskies are doing great in terms of sports! I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully we will be able to fix any instability issues that we may have, but not every performance can be a peak performance, right?

Volleyball here is fun! I'm trying to get myself to jump higher, but that's a struggle all on its own! Its pretty hard to do it, even though I know I can! Serving is getting better though!

In regards to the MTC right now, its going! It snowed all day yesterday! I have forgotten to take pictures of it, but its a lot, and I'll try take some pictures later. Buts its a healthy amount! I'm not that surprised though. I'm just glad the sidewalks aren't horribly slick! I'm getting plenty of exercise though! Push Ups still, and Core exercises! Stretching too, so that works for me!

Lessons are good! We taught one of our teacher's fiance! That was interesting. We are improving slightly every so slightly!

My current Zone Leaders are in the Vietnamese Speaking District, so they won't be leaving until we leave! We all leave just after Christmas or so!

Thats weird having my face that big. At least its not a bad picture! Sounds like Thanksgiving was fun! I'm looking forward to when I see what the mission does for Thanksgiving in the field, and of course, when I get back home! Thanksgiving nay pasaa Thai is "Day of Thanking the Lord" Soncay (interesting), huh?

Thanksgiving was fun! I was what they called a "station leader". There were a lot of station leaders, half for the first shift of service, half for another. I was in the first half. We were bagging food (i.e. rice, lentils, vegetables and some weird pink himalayan salt) and just putting these meals together for hungry children. It was fun! I opted not to be a table leader (someone who helps with that whole process). I was a runner (of course!) Basically I carried around 50 lbs of rice, or lentils (lentels?) to the tables who needed it, helped them fill the bins they were scooping from, and going on my way. Also, I was carrying the finished product boxes (about 48 lbs a box). Sometimes I got 2 at a time! It was a lot of fun, though it was heavy! I was sad I missed some study time for it though!

Earlier in that day, we had Elder Andersen (Anderson?) of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles come speak to us! It was a lot of fun. He, of course, talked about Gratitude, and how we should always be thankful. I have more on it in my Study Journal (which I currently do not have...). That makes 3 members of the Quorum of the 12 right now! President Nelson, Elder Stevenson, and Elder Andersen. Its lots of fun! If we get another one for Christmas, that will be 1/3 of the Quorum of the 12! That is a lot of Apostles to see outside of general conference!

I feel just a tad frustrated that I feel like my progress is slowing down as far as learning. I'm at a loss as for what to study. It is going to be a while before I can fluently read (from the scriptures) yet there is not a lot of vocabulary that I want to know, because I can replace most of the words I speak in English with words in Thai! I just want to feel not lost right now. But I'll keep studying anyways, learn some more vocabulary the best that I can!

Otherwise, life is good! The blanket I have now is definitely helping a lot! I can't think of a ton that I want, but I'm good right now! Maybe another T-shirt? I have no idea! Maybe I'll save up enough money to buy one with my MTC money. Should be fun!

Work is tough, huh? I work all day, but you still probably have it harder than I do! Just don't lose sleep over it!

I love you guys, and I miss you a lot! Thai is going well, but I'm still trying to improve, as ever! I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving. Just think, next one, Kaleb will be home, and then we'll be able to Skype at Christmas (I don't think I can in the MTC. Phone call, probably!) You'll be able to hear me speak nay pasaa Thai as well! I love you, and hope that you all are doing great! I'll talk to you soon!

- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment