Thursday, July 27, 2017

7-26 Bangkok Thailand - Transfers Elder V









Hey hey there Dad!



So the Big News!





I met my aunt here in Thailand! That was an adventure! We left from here last Monday looking for my uncle in Samut Sakorn. We get there at around 2. So we're at the Changwat. But where in the Changwat (province) are they? So we track down to the hospital there in Samut Sakorn. We pick up a member who was selling shirts over there (the member who took us had his son selling shirts over there). Then we talked to some motorcycle drivers and asked how to get to Tambon Krok Krak. Tell us a couple directions and off we went. We get over to the street that I've explored before on Google Maps (thanks internet) and so I'm just thinking "we're almost there!" We go to talk to a policeman for some extra directions and ask him if he knew my uncle. He said he did but... he moved out of the province or something. So I'm just thinking "shoot, now what do we do?" I'm sitting here telling everyone that I just came from Nonthaburi (which is true... but maybe they thought I was a Khon Thai, so I might have to repent for potentially deceiving them.... hahaha. So anyways, this policeman then answers "But Somphob has an older sister who is around here, but we have to go talk to your other relative first!" So we go do that. Talk to some older lady but I'm not sure how she was related... oh well! She points us to the right direction and then we go the neighborhood where she is! Then we get to the neighborhood and realize that it is big... so we go talk to some other shop owners in there, show them a couple pictures, and ask for Phii Plaa. Well, they respond there are a lot of people named that. Well shoot. Then I explain she is probably 50 or so, and looks at the pictures of Grandma, and she says I think I might know her! So she takes off on her motorcycle. Comes back,and another lady comes on her motorcycle. And she says "you look like someone I've seen in my pictures!" And I'm just thinking "She doesn't look like Mom at all!"



So we go to her house. And we go into her house (the member is still with us as well). We get into there and then she shows us pictures from when I'm a child, and pictures of our family. Way cool! It was an amazing experience. And, now I have a little more information about Grandpa as well! Mom can read Thai, so I think you know as well! I need to contact them again to make sure when he died, but he was born in Samut Sakorn, and died there (in the hospital) as well, so all we need to do is find out when he died!



Our investigator KhawGlong got baptized! He's such a nice kid. Intelligent too. I felt like all we needed to do was introduce the doctrine and prepare him for the baptismal interview. Way Golden. Way good. He said he wants to be a missionary when he grows up as well, so that's going to be sweet! He's going to change a lot of lives. I remember that it all started with Brother Samphan and Sister Jojo, who when helped their friend, Sister Gate, get baptized who in the end helped her child get baptized. The baptism might have required three rounds... but I wasn't the one who baptized him, so that's OK! Good experience! Just a sidenote: don't hold the person receiving baptism by the head while you are trying to submerge them in the water. It doesn't work. Trust me and the experience of others. However I've been blessed to see this process keep going onward and onward! I'm blessed to be apart of this work, and to help the work go forward!



All right, don't have a lot of time to day, got to go!



Talk to you next week! Love you lots! 



- Elder Collin Decker


Haha, not really.


So this week is the week of TRANSFERS as you know! So the decision has been made and the result is... 



I am moving over to NONG KHAI. So where is that? Well it's waaaaaaaayyyyyyy up northeast (Isaan) :D. This time I'm way up by the border of Lao! North of Udorn, so I'm back in the Udorn Zone! I'm ready to burn it up out there, that's for sure! Plus I get to ride a bike, so that's a plus... hahaha. Unfortunately that means I have to pack and I'm lazy so... that's going to be difficult... Also saying goodbye to the RCs was a little sad, but I'm excited to go where the Lord calls me to go!



So the catch here is: I'm whitewashing in. With another KhonThai! Elder V. He's dying next transfer so... that should be interesting! And my area is getting whitewashed out, so it's all one big adventure!



I'm going to go out and serve with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength! Love you lots! Talk to you soon!



- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment