Friday, September 1, 2017

8-28-17 Nong Khai Thailand



So We Went Running (Oh and it was my birthday).... (Adventuring and Whitewashing pt. 5)

Hey Dad! 

I actually got on before midnight today... so that's a first! We'll actually have time to talk! But we'll move internet cafes soon, to a better one that opens later, so we thought we would just get these big emails off first!

So this morning we went running, and I quickly realized a couple things:
1. I'm out-of-shape, running-wise, so that's sad.
2. My feet like to blister when we run, so that is also sad.
3. For some reason or another, I can still sprint, so that's actually a plus.

I haven't actually gained weight here, but I think it would be good to actually be able to run faster than we did so... that will be a work in progress. But I'm exhausted now... I'm ready to just take a nap, hahaha.

Not much to talk about last week other than the last P-Day, which we talked about already! But we do have one investigator who is getting ready to be baptized this coming Sunday, so we're excited for that! Sister Nam Waan been super great from start to finish, and she doesn't really have any problems at all! Besides the reading thing, but we're working on that. The member who is fellowshippping her was actually a school teacher, so she should be able to help with that, more or less. So we're getting her ready to be interviewed this week!

Last week no Solar Eclipse... I would know because we're out in the sun all day... My arms are pretty tan now! My watch tan is pretty prominent though... But on Friday, we went down to the Finisher's Meeting (because my companion is finishing next transfer) so that was fun to be back in Bangkok again! I didn't realize that I would miss Bangkok until I left it... It seems that it will be that way with almost every area, so I think I'll get used to it now. But I got the opportunity to go see one of my old RC's, Brother Ji! My companion also invited some of his RC's to eat Ice Cream with us, but it was good to see him again for sure. We actually got to go to Sport's Night when we were there, so that was also fun! But we took a night bus there, and back, so I hadn't slept on my own bed for about 2 days.... I think I'm still recovering from that, but that's ok!

Otherwise, just hard work, biking around, and helping people in the Gospel! And then yesterday the Members got me a cake, so that was nice of them, and had some other people I met as a missionary, mostly from my last area, call me and wish me happy birthday, so that was all fun! I have yet to eat the cake because I need to bike back with it somehow... it will get done!

I love serving the Lord, and I love this work! I do miss home from time to time, but I know that this is God's work, and I know that God loves everyone! This is God's truth, and we are his servants, to help bring is Gospel unto everyone.

Love you! Talk to you soon!

- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment