Sunday, September 10, 2017

9-10-17 Nong Khai Thailand












Hey there Dad!



Things are going pretty good here! Not much happened this last week since my last email! Just going out, trying to teach the investigators that we already taught before, and helping them to progress in their knowledge of the Gospel! Going out and seeing members, a little bit like Home Teaching to be honest... I'm glad I had an opportunity to go home teaching with Brother Manwaring while I was at home! I see how important home teaching is, how home teaching really does help! In retrospect, I wish I had taken a little more thought in my home teaching, but I'm glad that I did do it! (Pass that on to Kai so he does better than I did... hahaha.)



(Sidenote: My 'V" key doesn't seem to work in the lower case form, so I'm trying to aVoid words with the letter "V"... really sad....)



We're trying hard to keep working here! It seems to me that the branch likes us here more! They're pretty relaxed here in Nong Khai, and the people really are different in the way they act compared to people in Bangkok. But I like it because you can just sit down and talk to just about anyone if you can quickly identify something to talk about. Super friendly, if you are super friendly (for the most part, some people just don't seem to eVer want to talk to anyone...) and if you aren't really friendly, then neither are they. So we be happy, and haVe a good attitude. trying to help the people smile! Then they are more open to the message we bring to them, because they can feel the light of Christ from us!



For example: Yesterday we went contacting (YES! I love contacting by the way, especially here because [see aboVe paragraph]) and I was simply talking to any person that we saw. In their houses, on the street, especially on the street. Not biking too fast at all, and flipping a U-turn each time I saw someone with their gate open. So much fun, and a little funny when the people look confused about why you're there... unfortunately, there are no magic words, and sometimes you might come off as a salesman (which I detest by the way, because what we teach is much better than any worldly product). So we come across 2 people sitting at their table outside of their house, and I start talking to the older lady first, because in general, older ladies appreciate talking to us. I saw they had two dogs: one chihuahua and one Husky (score!) and I just started talking about their dogs. There was a younger man sitting at the table as well, and I wasn't sure how interested he was going to be if we just started to talk about religion right away, so I sat and talked to them about their dogs, and his work, and how he had actually seen us before, and the whole bit! It was a lot of fun, and then we got to teach him a short lesson in the end, about Prayer, and God, and we got to set up a return appointment with him! He said his name is Tom! (Yes, he's Thai as well). So it was sweet, and I love him already. It was a miracle that we found him, and it was so awesome. I LOVE INVITIIIIINGGGGGGG!



Otherwise, we have about 3 people who are starting to progress well, so we're going to extend a date to them very soon! I hope that they will continue to progress and learn!



Everything is going good, and I love the work, and Thailand! This truly is God's work.



Love you lots! Talk to you soon!



- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment