Sunday, September 24, 2017

9-17-2017 Nong Khai Thailand










Hey Dad!



Sorry this one came out late!



We went and played soccer this morning! It made me realize how much I miss turf... like on the soccer/football field at high schools. I miss the smell and the convenience of them. It reminds me of tracks... hahaha. I don't need to get caught up in all of that though! Needless to say, it was a ton of fun, and I finally learned to properly kick/pass a soccer ball. I actually made a goal! (I think for the first time in my life....) So I was pretty happy, but we had to go to Udorn to play (but it was with other missionaries so it was a ton of fun.) I got some nice blisters on my feet, but my feet are already used to it, so it's all the same to me! Just like with ultimate frisbee... hahaha



The work is going! We're trying to find new investigators at this point in time, but it is difficult to find them. They seem to be hiding from us... But we keep praying, and fasting! I know that as we are obedient, and try our best to talk to EVERYONE we will see miracles. Unfortunately we haven't met with Brother Tom yet... but we'll keep calling! He might have blocked our number... Hopefully not! The members do seem to like us though!



Missionaries need to open their mouths with everyone. Not necessarily to find new investigators from that time we invite, but to find new investigators from all sources. "But how can inviting help me get referrals from members when we're not working with them?" might be a question asked. My answer to that would be: Opening our mouths with everyone is important in finding new investigators at that point in time, but more importantly it is an exercise of our faith. When we open our mouths with everyone, we show Heavenly Father that we are willing to do what ever he asks of us, and really try to help the people. (On a sidenote: if these things are done without pure love, unfeigned, towards the people, you won't see a lot of success. We are nothing without charity). Then we receive the Spirit, which will let us know what we need to say. The Spirit, in turn, consecrates us and edifies us. Consecrated missionaries know the will of the Lord, and can call down miracles in the Lord's name, (think: Nephi, the son of Nephi, in the book of Helaman and 3 Nephi). Consecrated missionaries will do everything that needs to be done to save the human soul. That's what I'm striving for right now, which seems a little big, a little boisterous, but I have desires to serve, and intend to serve with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength, fearing no man and being the best servant of the Lord that I can be. 



Sorry there's not much to this one! Last week was pretty uneventful. Well, except that we ate alligator (thanks members!) and some weird fish thing but... it was delicious, so no complaints!



I love this work, and I know that as missionaries and members are obedient, indeed, even unto the very end, we will receive miracles and the Lord's blessings will rain upon our lives like the rain during Cross Country season in Washington State (especially at Twilight...). This truly is the Lord's work, and we will keep working hard to honor the Lord's name!



Love you! Talk to you soon!



- Elder Collin Decker


No comments:

Post a Comment