Tuesday, November 28, 2017

11-20 Nong Khai Thailand


Hey there Dad!



So I actually am able to send emails out earlier today, so that's fun! Nothing going on besides going to visit a market later on. But we need to to call P-Day short by a half an hour because we need to bike over 30 minutes out on a regular basis. And that's if we bike fast. Have an appointment today with a family of potential investigators, but then we need to head in just the opposite direction about over 45 minutes away to go to a family home evening. Needless to say, I think I'm starting to lose a little bit of weight. Our investigators say so as well, so that's interesting! 



The other day, actually just this last Saturday, we had the opportunity to go to another funeral! Yay! So now my greenie has a total of: 2 funerals attended. I have a total of: 5 funerals that I have attended. The funeral was for a member who had not come to church for a long time, but someone I had visited before. It's a strange concept to me. I saw her, saw her children, and now she's actually gone into the Spirit World. What a strange concept for me, and for all the people that I've seen as well. Her children are unbaptized, so hopefully we can provide them with some hope and happiness by teaching the Plan of Salvation to her entire family.



Last week was a ton of fun! Hopefully you saw some of the pictures! When we vacation here (I recommend not winter break, but that's up to the family) we're going to need to use a little bit of time to do things like this. Way fun. But we saw a couple snakes too so have to watch out for that. And big bees.



Otherwise, the work is going great! We actually have a baptism planned for this coming weekend! He's 12 years old, and his name is Bin (บิน) which means fly, so that's fun! He's the little brother/cousin of one of the strong members getting ready to go on a mission soon, so he has a good support system here! I just hope he'll be able to go in the future when she goes on a mission as well! I'm way excited, and we're working with a lot of people, so we'll see if I'll have the opportunity to work with them some more! But transfers are next week!



The Lord truly does bless his missionaries, and the Lord will help us in every situation. President Monson once said that consecrated missionaries can call down miracles from heaven, so that's what I hope that we can do here in Nong Khai. And another quote, actually a poem, which I found while preparing to teach the Missionary Preparation Class here, also from President Monson from a talk given in 1990 called "Army of the Lord":



"Stick to your task till it sticks to you.

Beginners are many, but enders are few.

Honor, power, place and praise

Will always come to the one who stays.

Stick to your task till it sticks to you;

Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it, too—

For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile

Will come life’s victories after awhile."



I know that as we first seek God's kingdom and His righteousness, the Lord will provide. We will continue to serve with all of our heart, might, mind and strength, and the Lord will surely bless us and those around us. I love this great work, I love the people, I love Thailand, and I love being a missionary, a servant of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.



Love you lots! Talk to you soon!



- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment