Tuesday, November 14, 2017

11-8-17 Nong Khai Thailand


Hey hey there Dad!



I'm sorry, this won't be a very detailed email. We have to get back to our area really soon. If I have more time, I'll send a follow up one, but this will have to suffice for now.



So the Lord has been greatly blessing us here in Nong Khai. So many people who are ready. we might not get to all the standards of excellence every week, but we try, and the Lord has blessed us with many people to work with! Definitely, the Lord is working miracles here. I know that through our faith and diligence, the Lord has continually blessed us. I hope to talk more about this later next Monday, but that's how it goes!



This last week, Elder Evans came and totally changed everything for us. This mission has had a culture of "bounce contacting" which is just bouncing from person to person trying to find one who is really interested, which works in some ways, but Elder Evans basically said that that is not how Preach My Gospel says for us to do it. I'm glad though. I feel like we can really show to people that we're servants of the Lord rather than just machines asking if people want their sins to be washed away (which I don't do by the way! Nor have I ever done) or asking if people want to learn about Christ.



Today we helped an investigator in the morning and then went to a museum with the district in Udorn. Again, more on that next week. Don't have very much time at all!



I'll expand more on this next week, as well as pictures the exploring we did this week! Love you lots! Tell everyone, especially Mom and Kaleb and Kai, that I miss them and stay safe with the snow! Make sure we warm up before playing sports/practicing triple jump, ok mai? I love you all! Talk to you next week!



- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment