Tuesday, November 28, 2017

11-28-17 Nong Khai Thailand - Transfers






Hey hey there Dad!

Well P-Day is here now! It seemed to had taken a while, but we've got to it now!
So Thanksgiving came and went. I wish we had done something but... we were busy teaching investigators and helping them get baptized! This last Sunday we actually saw someone be baptized! It was way cool and I felt really happy for him. He's 12 years old and his name is Bin. He's doing pretty well, and he has good member support, so that seems to be going well! We're working with that entire family right now, but his younger brother may need to wait a little bit, as he doesn't really understand a lot... he is 9 years old, but they haven't had a lot of schooling up to this point. But they're in school now, so I hope that all goes well for them! We have a lot of people that we're working with right now, but it's all going well! Just trying to help them all progress, while also keeping our teaching pool up!
Otherwise, as for transfers, nothing is happening! We're both staying in Nong Khai, but my old Zone Leader, Elder Lovelock, who I have been in the same district with for many transfers, is now moving out. We've been in the same district for 9 months! 6 transfers! That's a really long time, and over three quarters of my mission thus far. So, I'll be sad to see him go, but we'll keep in touch somehow. He does live in Australia so going to visit him might be a little difficult if I ever were to... hahaha.
It's been crazy how much time has gone by. One year come and gone, and now that I see people I know pretty well getting close to finishing their missions, it makes me think how much time we as missionaries have, which is: not very much at all. I know that this next year will fly as we work hard, but it's crazy how much I learn. There are some points in language study when I think to myself "How can I even read Thai?" Nothing less than help and the power of God, for sure, but there are other times when I wonder "How did I get here? What am I doing in Thailand? Why am I here?" Weird moments like that happen a lot, but I always know that I'm a missionary. Even in my dreams I remember that I'm a missionary. It's strange, but really cool at the same time.
Not much to report on here! The work is good, and life is good! We're working hard out here (at least I think we are) and I know that the Lord is blessing us.
Love you lots Dad! Talk to you soon!
- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment