Monday, December 4, 2017

12-4-17 Nong Khai Thailand




Hey hey there Dad!
Well, since last Wednesday, not much has happened... except that we had one confirmation! Our investigator Brother Bin, has just been confirmed as of yesterday! So that's really nice. He's doing great, and he has great members to support him along the way as well. He even said he wanted to be an Elder one day, and that he wanted to follow Jesus Christ "ตลอดชีวิต" meaning all his life, so that's really cool to see! We'll keep working hard to help him along the way as well.

This being my 4th transfer in Nong Khai means that I have a 98% chance that I will be moving at the end of this transfer, provided they don't forget about us all the way out here. So this week, I'll have to work harder than ever! I feel like I've managed to get my feet under me, but it is, and probably always be, a challenge to keep up. The goals we have are always just within reach, but they require us to stretch out to get them accomplished. So I'm constantly growing (taller too I hope, but I seem to be taller than almost everyone here already so it's ok.). The hardest part is trying to find people to work with within the city. The people way out of the city seem pretty willing to listen to us, but in the city... less so. That was one thing that Elder Chudchaiyaphum taught me while I was out here, when he related his experience working in Chiang Mai. He said something along the lines "that there are always people to find within the city who are prepared, that's why we work in the city still, but think about all the people on the outer borders who haven't even had a chance to hear the Gospel yet! There are a lot of golden investigators outside the city." Now that's not to say that we go way out in the middle of nowhere, but we do have strong members out in the middle of nowhere so... it actually can be effective to proselyte there as well! But we work everywhere, in the city or out, but we try to work effectively nonetheless and "talk with everyone."

Well, in other extraneous news, I crashed my bike again. I tried to do a running start and then ate it, but I came out without a scratch (thanks to my nice coat that I wear all the time... 555+). My bike is doing all right as well! But I'm definitely losing weight out here... so that's a bonus!
I know that the Lord is helping our investigators. We just need to do our part, even our very best. The Lord is surely in charge. We just need to work happily at the work,even so where it says:
"let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we standstill, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." (D&C 123:17)

I know that as we work cheerfully and try out very best, the Lord will help us and our investigators. Counsel with the Lord always, and he will consecrate our efforts and our afflictions for our gain. The mission isn't easy but it is always truly rewarding. The Lord loves every single one of us, every one of our investigators and our members as well! We will continue to serve with all of our heart, might, mind and strength. That's what the Lord has asked us to do, and I know that this is the Lord's work. If we follow the Lord, we will have everything that we need in this life, including those worldly needs. I know the Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior, and he understands all of our pains, our afflictions, our temptations, and our sorrows. He will help, he will strengthen us, and we will be upheld by him, even so by his Omnipotent hand. All of us missionaries are witnesses of this, and this is the message we share. The Lord won't let us fail if we give it 100%!

Love you lots Dad! We're working hard out here and learning a lot. The Lord is helping us, missionaries and members, every step of the way! Talk to you soon!

- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment