Sunday, June 25, 2017

6-18-17 Bangkok Thailand


Hey there Dad!



Well this week was pretty rough all in all. That's ok though! Just keep working hard, that's all.



So it was a little harder to send Elder Cherd off than I thought it would be. No crying or anything like that but I feel like I got along with him really well, we worked pretty together, and we were OK with the ideas we both presented. Right now, it's not quite so, but maybe that will work out in a little bit. Just have to wait a little bit, no? But my new companion works differently, so it's going to take a while. Not fun. Lots of stressing. But, the work is good, no matter what this is like!



For transfers we had to wake up at 4:30 to get to the Mission Office at 6. Way early. Still trying to catch up on sleep. No worries though, it should be good! Still working hard, just a little more tired.



Language is going good! I miss having Elder Cherd around and my new companion speaks a lot of English (by habit of course). Not really a problem but I'm still trying to make the transition from thinking in English to thinking in Thai. Really hard. Have to correct myself a lot, but no worries! It's lots of fun! Just going to keep working hard and pray for the Gift of Tongues all the time!



Otherwise yeah, the entire week has followed that feeling. Not much to talk about there. Just some disagreements here and there about little things! We're working hard though!



Just emails for today! Otherwise, not much.



I know that if I keep my focus on the work, everything will work out OK! Jesus Christ understands us and loves us. No one can sink lower than the light of Jesus Christ, as once said by Elder Holland. So, I just have to trust in his will and try to become better and work harder. This is probably going to be a tough one!



Love you lots! Talk to you soon!



- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment