Sunday, June 25, 2017

6-24-17 Bangkok Thailand














Hey Dad!



So this week has been great! My companion and I have been working more together in this week! It's been getting better, but the work is still difficult, as always, trying to get better, trying to get better!



My health is doing great! I've resumed eating cereal for breakfast... my stomach seems fine with the milk now, so it doesn't look like it's going to be a huge problem for me!



Who is the Pouthanvang family? I don't think I've ever met them before. We'll see though. I'm still in Pakkret, Chaengwattana, Nonthaburi area. That's how it goes, but it's still fun! But when will they get here? It will probably be fun if we could meet!



Nothing really interesting happened this week... we've just been going out contacting a lot to help us get our goals for this transfer! It's been a lot of fun teaching, but we're just trying to help our investigators progress and keep going forward! Finally got to meet with one of our investigators who went off the grid for a little bit! She's back now, so we're helping her work out some of her problems. But she has a date for next month, so we'll help her get there! We have another man who we're teaching, but we just need to get him to church...



The ward is doing good! We get fed well here... hahaha. But otherwise, the ward is good. Sometimes, I feel as though we're just on our own out here, proselyting and doing the Lord's work. It's a little bit out there from all of the other areas in this district, but that's ok! We'll keep working hard. Still working on trying to be a more bold missionary, who testifies right on the spot, and also enjoys the work in every aspect of it!



The language is getting a lot better! I'm understanding a good majority of the things I hear, and I feel that I'm able to express my thoughts more clearly, use more analogies, and help our investigators understand more clearly about the Gospel! Truly, the Lord is blessing us, and helping me to grow and communicate with everyone!



One realization that I came to this week was the simple fact that the Book of Mormon is a history. What does that mean for me? It means that Ammon actually did defend a flock of sheep and converted an entire kingdom. He actually knew the thoughts of the heart of King Lamoni. Because he had faith and trusted in the Lord. Nephi, the son of Nephi who was the son of Helaman, in 3 Nephi, actually had angels minister unto him. He preached so boldly that the people who listened to him could not disbelieve on his words. Because he had faith. Even so the Brother of Jared saw the finger of the Lord and then Jesus Christ, in whole, because he had faith. These aren't stories simply intended to help us build faith. These are experiences and accounts of real people, intended to help us build faith. I know for a fact, that the Lord is unchanging, the same yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever. The Lord is no respecter of persons as well. So the only answer that is left for me, concerning the matter of faith, is that I yet do not have enough faith. There are still miracles in this world, I witness them everyday! But I still can get better. The works of God do not cease, and so now I'm trying to be a better instrument in the hands of the Lord, and build my faith to be even stronger. One day, I might be able to preach so boldly, that no one would be able to disbelieve on my words. It's a work in progress, but it is a good work indeed!



I love the work, this Gospel, this Church, and the fact that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored Church of God. I believe that, whole-heartedly. I'm here on the Lord's errand in this wonderful land of Thailand and I know that the Lord will not let us fail.



Love you! Hope everything keeps going good at home! Talk to you soon!


- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment