Sunday, February 25, 2018

2-25-18 Ayuthaya Thailand









































Hey there Dad!



It's cold over there? I guess it's February already... But this is when things start to get a lot warmer around here... Way warmer! Do people have to go into school late because there's ice? That was always my hope... Perhaps that was a bad hope... Oh well 😅.



The Sisters in the group above me go home this transfer. Meaning next month. 😣



Yeah we were actually waiting for the Sisters on transfer day... And then it started pouring on everyone's stuff. So we sprinted out to bring in all the stuff! 



I miss volleyball... I need to get buffer though hahaha. Maybe lose a little fat... The 1 year and 6 months is coming up WAY TOO FAST. So I'm not ready for that. 



In other news for here, my trainer, Elder Bastian, is on a plane home right now. He got bit by something in Phuket and it led to a bad leg infection, so they decided that he was to go home, since he only has 1 or two transfers left. I'm going to miss him a lot. There are so many good missionaires here, sometimes I think it's going to be hard to replace them. Of course we're not just replacements but these missionaries are great examples that seem very difficult to emulate. But we try our best and go on! Make sure you say hi to him for me and get a chance to say a few words of encouragement. I gave him a tie already, so if you could leave a couple words with him as well, that would be much appreciated. 



But otherwise, we had a baptism! Sister Nang. She was found by the other Elder Decker who served here right before I came. Then I came and helped to teach her and she was just golden from start to finish. She quit coffee even before we taught the Word of Wisdom ​because of a prompting from the Holy Ghost. Way sweet!



My companion is way cool. Pretty relaxed but willing to work hard. We're going to see miracles this transfer! Have some big goals so it's going to be great. His Thai is fine! Doing great for where he is.



I've been getting to be more optimistic. It's hard. Smiling all the time is weird, but How Great is Our Calling! We should have a good reason to smile. Choosing to be positive is a key to being happy.



In other random news, I crashed my bike again. But I got a sweet drift out of that bike crash so it's ok! We also cleaned out the Baptismal Font... Videos and pictures have been uploaded! All in all a great week.



We are here because of the joy that can come to another through their repentance. We as well. Remember to keep your head up and choose to live after a manner of happiness! Then it will come to us. Love God and live The Gospel. Then, all things will work together for our good and that of others.



Love you lots! Have fun! Talk to you soon!



- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment