Monday, March 12, 2018

3-4-18 Ayutthaya Thailand


Hey hey there Dad!

 

Hey, its funny that you got sick, because I just was sick over this last week as well! Seems like we're on the same page, even if we are half a world away (literally).

 

I feel like I comment every other email about how time goes by quickly. Last transfer went by quickly. February is gone. This month I'll hit 1 year and 5 months. Then 1 year and 6 months is next month. Time seems to be slipping through my fingers, and very quickly at that. I still feel pretty young in the mission, and feel like I still have a lot to improve. Way scary. I doubt I could get an extension, just as an FYI... the new mission president who's coming in July was a YSA Stake President in Rexburg, Idaho and plus I'd probably miss Thanksgiving at home... so I doubt that they'd let me 😅. I feel like I still have a lot to do, and have a lot to learn and a lot of people to find. But we're trying and lifting where we stand as well!

 

Our investigator, Sister Nang, was confirmed a member of the Church last week! Way good, and way sweet. I don't feel like she needed to change anything in her life, but we're going to work with her to help her friends as well! We have to start here! Then the branch will start growing like crazy! Recent Converts have a lot of potential and a lot of fire, so make sure the Recent Converts are valued in the ward at home as well! Help them have a calling, and help them to keep being taught as well!

 

Last Friday was an adventure... videos and pictures of our massive bike inviting trip are uploaded! Just a tiny section though! The dangerous part, just for Mom! 🐏😎

 

We spent a lot of time inviting this last week, which is good. I actually love being rejected (as a disclaimer, I love being accepted more but...) because it shows that we're working hard, and that the adversary is trying to put up a fight, which means that we are headed the right way! But this week also caused me to reflect on how I am as a missionary, and as an individual. Who am I, right now? How close am I to Jesus Christ? Is there anything in my thoughts or actions that would keep me from being closer to Jesus Christ? I realized that I still had a bit of pride in myself. Not a desire for authority, or a title so much, though there may have been some elements, but the pride in the fact that I wasn't listening to Heavenly Father all the time. I wasn't listening, and I wasn't counseling with him. I would counsel with my companion, but oh, how often we missed to pray to our Father in Heaven! I realized that I needed to humble myself, and approach the Lord, similar to Samuel in the Bible, who said:

 

Speak; for thy servant heareth.

 

Humility is essential in this work. It is everywhere in the scriptures and it is in every place where any missionary scriptures are located. We're seeking the will of the Lord more frequently now, and the Lord has in turn, blessed us with miracles. Let us be like Samuel who said this when the Lord called for him. The Lord calls for each of us, we just need to knock, and tell the Lord that we're listening and that we intend and will do everything that he asks us! The Lord will surely guide us for our good and the good of His children as well.

 

Love you lots Dad! I'll talk to you soon!

 

- Elder Collin Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment