Sunday, March 25, 2018

3-25-18 Ayutthaya Thailand












Hey there Dad!



So this last week I got absolutely destroyed. Monday was fine. Didn't see a whole ton but it was good and fun! Got one new investigator on it. Just in front of 7/11 so it was really cool.



But then Tuesday we had to go up to Lopburi for our District Meeting. We took a train, and we bought tickets for the Sister Missionaries since they were running late but then... The train started moving and we left the Sisters 😅. They had to take a Van over instead, which took a little bit of time. But on top of that, I hadn't been feeling too hot that morning, and I later on found out that I had ท้องเสีย​ (go ahead and put that one into translate). So I spent an ample amount of time in the bathroom. I buy some Imodium to help the ท้องเสีย.​ Get back at some horrible time because those days are just full of traveling, and then we plan for English/eat dinner.



English happens, and I just get taken out. Lightheaded, and very tired. So naturally I went to the bathroom and fell asleep until English Class was over. I then diagnosed myself with Food Poisoning. The problem is, I need to go renew my Visa the very next day, at 6 in the morning at a place about 2 hours away. So we had to wake up at 2:30 to get a ride from a very kind member, go to the train station, and then go to the bathroom on the train. It was a squatter. Remember, always have toilet paper with you in Thailand! Luckily, I did so I was all good.



I do my Visa, it's about 10:00 when we actually leave. Get back at about 12:00. Go to the bathroom again. Then we can plan for the day. But then I actually have to go to the hospital because of my ท้องเสีย.​That was fun. They gave me some medicine and antibiotics and sent me on my way. But we didn't really do anything for the rest of that day. Thursday we worked but I had to go to the bathroom pretty often still, but we made it through OK.



The following days I couldn't really go to the bathroom, but everything seems normal now... But that was last week in a nutshell. 😅



If anything, I learned patience and waiting upon the Lord will do wonders for us. Always trust in him. He even has said "Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not" ค.พ.​ ​36:6.



If​ we can truly do so, we will be blessed to doubt not and to fear not. This I know and promise as well. Have faith, and be believing! Everything will work out for our good, for those who love God.



Love you lots! Have fun and be blessed!



- Elder Collin Decker 

No comments:

Post a Comment