Tuesday, April 17, 2018

4-8-2018 Ayutthay Thailand


Hey there Dad!



So​ everything is about the same now, except that now we've had General Conference! What a conference. Revelation is so important.



Somethings that I liked and appreciated were the talks given about revelation which is a topic that every person and every missionary seeks. I love the pattern that President Nelson gave to us, where we find a quiet, private place to pray, express ourselves honestly, record our thoughts and then act on them. It is simple, but I know it is effective.



We found one new investigator this last week! Really hard lesson, but really spiritual. I feel like I've really begun to understand what it means to act with the power and authority of God.



In essence, that is what every missionary, teacher, and priesthood holder does what they are supposed to, according to the will of God. We are His agents. We are to speak with His power and authority, as if He were here, and that is difficult, probably one of the most difficult things to do in the work. When you feel the power and authority of the Lord with you, it leaves you feeling unworthy. It leaves you feeling that you have so far to go, yet gives you hope that the Lord through his grace, may yet bring us unto a perfect stature.



We are not to give up, but we are to continually consecrate ourselves in the work of the Lord, no matter who we are. We are to be reconciled to the will of the Lord, and then be perfected by His grace. (See 2 Nephi 10:24,​ Moroni 10:32-33)



I know that the Lord loves us, and that President Nelson is our prophet. I cannot describe what I felt during the Solemn Assembly, but I know that these men are called of God, all of the 12 Apostles and the First Presidency. They are all men of God, who are here to guide and lead us with the voice of the Lord in these latter days.



Love you lots! Have fun and be safe! I'll talk to you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment