Sunday, October 21, 2018

6-18-18 Samu Prakhan Week 5



From 0 to Miracles! (Samut Prakaan Week 5)



Hey hey there Dad!



First and foremost... Happy Father's Day! ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰



Thank you for being a great Father, someone I can rely on and someone who is always diligent and worthy of emulating. Thank you for always helping me with those late night school projects that I procrastinated on and for all the advice and counsel that you have given me over the years. Working out problems, supporting the family, being a worthy priesthood holder and blessing the family, all apart of the attributes of a great father. Not once have I ever felt that you have corrected us with anger. You have corrected us, possibly will continue to correct us, sometimes sharply but always letting us know that it was for our good and because you loved us. So thank you! I hope you enjoy the small section of the video that I was apart of in the video on Facebook. It's on the Mission Website in case you haven't seen it!



So, sounds like the school year is wrapping up. Buck is leaving, Kai is done with school, or just about, and Kaleb is done with finals, or almost. Next week is Mexico! I hope that is fun. Remember to pray before you go out though. From what it sounds like in Kaleb's experience, it can potentially be a little sketchy. I love telling everyone that Mom cried when I went on my mission, because she was happy, but when Kaleb went on his mission, she also cried for a different reason... hahaha. I also love telling everyone how my older brother was robbed at machete point. That sounds like an adventurous mission. Just think though, that only happened, what only a couple months ago? Probably about 21 or 20 months ago or so? I still have a long time in my mission so we'll be able to talk about that later again sometime... hahaha.



As for us, the transfer is wrapping up. Next week: You will receive emails on your Tuesday. I will send them on my Wednesday. At that time, I will still be in my area with my old companion. On your Wednesday, I will have moved to my area and received my new companion. President Johnson will still be Mission President on your Tuesday, then President Hammond will then be the Mission President as he comes in when transfers happen. So in short, don't ask about my new companion or my new area when I haven't moved there yet! Because I won't know... that is all! ðŸ˜€ Ask me on the Sunday after, and I can tell you all about it. Who knows if I'll even move though? Or even get a new companion? I don't expect much to happen. They've already called a new mission president and he's coming soon so I can't be ambitious in being the next mission president... hahahaha. ðŸ˜€



But this last week, we had interviews with President Johnson! It was really great to be able to interview with him. He helped to counsel me a lot on focus, and about where success truly is as a missionary. With President Johnson, you always feel great coming out of the interview with him. But it really hit me, as we were interviewing that this would be my last interview with him. It's not the last time I will see him, but it will be the last interview with him. That fact made me feel very close to understanding how I might be finishing at some point in the far distant future, and that was a little scary, I will be honest. Let's just say I might have shed just one tear in the realization of both of these facts as well. But I still feel ready to serve with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. I know that the Lord will strengthen me, and we will see miracles in following our mission president.



This week we had a baptism! Well actually it wasn't ours because he wasn't in our area... but we contacted him and taught him first! His name is Brother āļĒāļ­āļĢ์āļŠ (Yosh) and he's the most prepared person that I have ever met. He had no problems, no questions about the commandments, nothing. He just wanted to be baptized. He knew it was true. He kept the commandments and the commitments we gave him. We had to give him over the Elders in Bang Naa because he lives over there but we got to see his baptism, so I was way happy! He's so cool. It makes me have more faith that people out there are really out there, and that we actually can have success from contacting!



Otherwise, this past week we have seen tons of miracles. We went from having no people with a baptismal date, to a ton of people willing to accept a baptismal date! One of them, Sister āļ”āļē (Daa) kicked out her boyfriend and now is solving some other issues... but she's getting really close to being baptized! She's almost there... just a little bit more! She just needs to keep the Sabbath Day a little better, and she'll be ready! Please pray for her! It was really funny at first because from what I understood, I thought that she kicked out her boyfriend... from his own house. But really it is her boyfriend's older brother's ex-wife. So it's all good!



We also extended a baptismal date for a family that we are teaching, but they have trouble reading or having the motivation to read, so I hope that they will start to feel the Spirit from the Book of Mormon! We'll definitely need to read with them, so it should be good! We also received a dater by way of referral so that was cool as well.



We also found a ton of new investigators this last week! It was so miracle filled, finding every one of those people! I pray that they all will progress as well!



We're also working with an L.A. member right now, a lot. This person is really close to coming back to church and taking the necessary steps to do so! This person's situation is really difficult, but they are on their way! I'll be really happy when they make it to church and solve everything!



Two days ago, we needed to quickly buy food in preparation for Sunday, so we did, but it was a little late at night (we had extra time on our dinner hour to do so). We ended up leaving the store at about 8:50. We literally ran with our groceries out the parking lot, hopped in a van, and got close to our house at about 8:57. So we both sprinted as fast as we could across traffic and this street, literally as fast as I could carrying Spaghetti materials, in order to make it home on time. Suffice to say, we made it, but not after I killed my Quads and realizing that I should probably lose some weight now. A member also committed me to lose weight as well... so there's that as well. We made it at 8:58, so we still got home on time. I just hope no one thought that we were thieves running away with someone else's groceries.



Anyways, that's it from me! Time flies by. It never stops, not for anyone! Time is a precious resource. As was once said in General Conference, and in a Church movie:



“Yours is the freedom to choose. But these are no bargains, for in them you find no lasting satisfaction.

“Every day, every hour, every minute of your span of mortal years must sometime be accounted for. And it is in this life that you walk by faith and prove yourself able to choose good over evil, right over wrong, enduring happiness over mere amusement. And your eternal reward will be according to your choosing.

“A prophet of God has said: ‘Men are that they might have joy’—a joy that includes a fullness of life, a life dedicated to service, to love and harmony in the home, and the fruits of honest toil—an acceptance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ—of its requirements and commandments.

“Only in these will you find true happiness, the happiness which doesn’t fade with the lights and the music and the crowds.” ("Reflections on a Consecrated Life" Elder D. Todd Christofferson October 2010)

We are stewards of our time. Are our decisions bringing us closer to Christ, or further away? There is no such thing as a net zero decision. Faith does not stagnate. It either grows or shrinks. This time has been given unto us by our Loving Heavenly Father. In Alma 34, it reads as thus:



31 Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you.

32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.

33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.

Do not procrastinate! Choose this day to serve God and consecrate yourself to him. I have learned that this is the only way to be truly happy. More than games, more than leisure or good movies, or even a good book. Service in the Lord's Kingdom will bring us great joy as we do it whole heartedly, even so with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. If we have some progress to make, so does everyone! But do not procrastinate the day of repentance, and change as quickly as you can muster. We will then be one step closer to eternal happiness.



Love you Dad! Take care, have a Happy Father's Day, and I'll talk to you soon!



- Elder Collin Decker








No comments:

Post a Comment