Sunday, October 21, 2018

9-23-18 Roi Et


Hey hey there Dad!



So I'm actually at a computer right now. With nice mechanical keyboards. You can ask Kai what that means if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's way nice, the monitors are curved and I see rainbows like everywhere which is electronic.



These last couple of days have been... difficult, to say the least. Getting used to a new area and getting used to riding my bike again. I found out that my brakes didn't work so... I had to use my feet to brake for a day. Way fun. Also packing all my stuff was really hard so I definitely need to buy one more suitcase before I go home. The mission does allow two checked suitcases so... I think I'll be fine.



We went out and visited a lot of members over the last week, starting from the last Monday which had passed. I really didn't think that I would be moving but... I did. That was a surprising phone call because we were in a lesson with one of my Recent Converts there. She told me to answer it and it was from President Hammond. Then he called me to be a Zone Leader. Then I was scared, surprised, and a little bit sad. Even though I requested it! Oh well. That just proves that the Lord's hand is in this because I feel that I gave pretty compelling reasons to stay. But, the Lord has called me, as President and the Assistants to the President expressed. So, there's that.



The hardest part about leaving Samut Prakaan was definitely leaving the family of investigators and my one RC as well. They were so good to us, and I really loved them. I just want them all to be happy, to all go to the temple and be a family together forever. But their time hasn't come quite yet, but it will, I hope. I still pray for that everyday. 



Also praying that I will have some idea of what I am doing here... and how to help lead. However, we must remember these principles:



Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.  



It's true! Small and simple and things are what we need. We need to do the small and simple things to lead to our exaltation. However, we also need to remember that no matter how small you think you are, you can bring great things to come to pass. 



I know that this work is true, and that it never ends, no matter where you are. Keep up the good fight! Love you all!



P.S. I can't type in Thai on a computer.



- Elder Collin Decker











No comments:

Post a Comment